Being a product manager is a complex and challenging role that requires a great deal of motivation, focus, and creativity. As a product manager, you're responsible for guiding the development of new products, from conception to launch and beyond. To excel in this role, you need to stay motivated, think outside the box, and be open to new ideas and approaches. In this blog, we've compiled a list of 50 best motivational quotes specifically for product managers.
These quotes offer valuable insights into what it takes to succeed as a product manager, providing guidance on innovation, leadership, and achieving success in a highly competitive market. From famous product managers to industry thought leaders, these quotes are sure to inspire you to be the best product manager you can be.
So, let's dive in and get motivated to take your product management skills to the next level!
50 Best Motivational Quotes for Product Managers
1. “Be stubborn on vision but flexible on details”. — Jeff Bezos.
2.”This is the key to time management – to see the value of every moment.” — Menachem Mendel Schneerson
3. “A great product manager has the brain of an engineer, the heart of a designer, and the speech of a diplomat.” — Deep Nishar, Vice President of Product at LinkedIn
4. “If we focus on collecting stories in our customer interviews, opportunities will emerge from those stories.” — Teresa Torres, Product Discovery Coach at Product Talk
5. “People think focus means saying yes to the thing you’ve got to focus on. But that’s not what it means at all. It means saying no to the hundred other good ideas.” — Steve Jobs, Apple
6. “A successful team, in sports or business, extends from the top of management down to the guys at the bottom of the roster or organizational chart.” — Mark Schlereth
7. “The first rule of management is delegation. Don’t try and do everything yourself because you can’t.” — Anthea Turner
8. “The art of effective listening is essential to clear communication, and clear communication is necessary for product success.” — James Cash Penney
9. “Product management really is the fusion between technology, what engineers do – and the business side.” — Marissa Mayer
10. “One reason product management is such an appealing career is you get to sit at the intersection of technology, business, and design.” ― Gayle Laakmann McDowell, Cracking the
11. “Efficiency brings about greater results with lessened effort; strenuousness brings about greater results with abnormally greater effort” ― Harrington Emerson
12. “After the launch phase, your product is old news. Take advantage of the opportunity to generate interest when your product is new.” ― Brian Lawley
13. “Engineering-driven companies falsely assume that because they build it, the industry will magically become aware and be willing to buy it.” ― Brian Lawley
14. “No offense but a seller will say whatever it takes to sell a product but if you sum it up, it comes down to hard work.” ― Auliq Ice
15. “Embrace iteration as the road to improvement, but don't let that lull you into rolling out poorly-thought-out crap.” ― Kate O'Neill
16. “If you ask why enough times, eventually you'll work it out and get to the root cause.” ― Des Traynor
17. “There are no tiny features when you’re doing things properly. This is why as a product manager you need a good understanding of what it takes to implement a feature before you nod your head and add it to the roadmap.” ― Des Traynor, Intercom on Product Management
18. “Customer data and feedback are your most reliable assets, don't ignore them, and use them wisely.” ― Jubin Kothari
19. “People don’t appreciate that they can always buy growth, but you can’t buy engagement, it has to be built into the product. Unless you have a crappy product, it’s much more cost effective to spend resources on keeping existing customers than finding new” ― Nir Eyal
20. “A launch plan should touch every single aspect of the “whole product customer experience,” where “whole” and “customer” should be considered in the broadest way possible.” ― Eddy Vermeulen
21. “Roadmaps are evidence of strategy. Not a list of features”. — Steve Johnson.
22. “Be stubborn on vision but flexible on details”. — Jeff Bezos.
23. “The essence of strategy is choosing what no to do”. — Michael Porterer.
24. “Any damn fool can make something complex; it takes a genius to make something simple”. — Pete Seeger.
25. “The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities”. — Stephen Covey
26. “You want to be extra rigorous about making the best possible thing you can. Find everything wrong with it and fix it. Seek negative feedback, particularly from friends.” — Elon Musk, Tesla
27. “If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you’ve launched too late.” — Reid Hoffman, LinkedIn
28. “The utmost thing is the user experience, to have the most useful experience.” — Marissa Mayer, Yahoo!
29. “The value is in what gets used, not in what gets built.” — Kris Gale, Clover Health (previously was at Yammer)
30. “My biggest regrets are the moments that I let a lack of data override my intuition on what’s best for our customers.” — Andrew Mason, Founder of Groupon
31. “The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn’t said.” — Peter Drucker
32. “We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It’s our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better.” — Jeff Bezos, Amazon
33. “Good companies manage Engineering. Great companies manage Product.” — Thomas Schranz, CEO of Blossom
34. “Once you realize that the world is organized by jobs that need to be done, you understand that product life cycles don’t exist.” — Clayton Christensen
35. “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” — Dr Seuss
36. “Figuring out the right product is the innovator’s job, not the customer’s job.” — Ben Horowitz
37. “The vision describes the ultimate reason for creating the product.” — Roman Pichler
38. “Move away from output to outcomes.” — Lea Hickman
39. “If you keep your eye on the profit, you are going to skimp on the product. but , if you focus on making really great products, profits will follow.” — Steve Jobs
40. “Only move forward with creating a product that will be ‘above the bar’.’’ — Brian Lawley
41. “The product vision should be inspiring, and the product strategy should be focused.” — Marty Cagan
42. “Winning products come from the deep understanding of the users’ needs combined with an equally deep understanding of what’s just now possible.” — Marty Cagan
43. “People hire a product or service to get the job done.” — Clayton Christensen
44. “Don’t find customers for your products, find products for your customers.” — Seth Godin
45. “Good teams have a compelling product vision that they pursue with a missionary-like passion.” — Marty Cagan
46. “Product Management is not about the product but about the people.” — Martin Eriksson
47. “UX design is the art and science of generating positive emotions through product interactions.” — Timer Sharon
48. “Our aim is to create the best product for our customers, and we do that through constant innovation and testing.” — Gillan Tans
49. “Product management really is the fusion between technology, what engineers do and the business side.” — Marissa Mayer
50. “Positioning is not what you do to a product. Positioning is what you do to the mind of the prospect.” — AI Ries
Being a successful product manager requires a great deal of hard work, dedication, and motivation. In this blog, we've compiled a list of 50 best motivational quotes specifically for product managers, designed to inspire and energize you to achieve success. These quotes offer valuable insights into what it takes to succeed as a product manager, providing guidance on innovation, leadership, and achieving success in a highly competitive market.
So, take these words of wisdom to heart and let them inspire you to be the best product manager you can be. Remember, every opportunity is a chance to build your skills, reputation, and business, so make the most of it and keep pushing forward with passion and purpose. Let these quotes guide you on your journey to success in the product management industry.