Table of Contents
Market research survey tools are a great way to gather firsthand information from a target audience. A source has revealed that 89% of market research suppliers and clients rely on online surveys to generate data.
Businesses actively do it to learn about market sentiments and trends. The insights generated from the survey help businesses make better decisions, create superior service offerings, and serve their customers better.
If you have used online marketing survey tools even once, you may have realized that the quality of the survey tool plays a huge role in helping you get accurate data. Therefore, choosing the best market research survey tool is imperative to obtain precise and actionable responses from your target audience.
But to choose the right online survey tool that fits your requirement to the T for market research, you need an accurate evaluation. Therefore, we have evaluated several top online market research survey tools and made a list of the best 13 tools you can consider. Let’s dive right in.
Top 14 market research survey tools for 2024
Getting the right information to understand your market and customers has never been easy. But the effort is worth the while and can offer raw insights you can use to improve your business and create the most impressive customer experience.
Here is a list of the best 13 online survey tools to help you in 2024:
- Google Forms
- Alchemer (Previously SurveyGizmo)
- Zoho Survey
- Kwik Surveys
- Best USP: The best online survey tool with loads of features and ease of use
An excellent survey tool, SurveyMonkey has got everything a business needs to create, distribute, and leverage surveys for diverse market research purposes. With the tool, you can ask multiple-choice and open-ended questions while including interactive sliders to make the survey more engaging. It is also easy to learn as the interface is optimized for quick learning.
- It has 230+ templates designed for all types of surveys.
- Get timely customer service 24x7 in under an hour.
- Understand the survey insights better with various reporting tools.
- Send the survey to your audience via SMS using the tool.
- The pricing model can be better optimized for different businesses.
SurveyMonkey offers a free trial along with other premium plans as given below:
- Individual Advantage: ₹1,999/month (Billed ₹23,988 annually)
- Team Advantage: ₹1,550 per user/month (Billed annually starting at 3 users)
- Team Premier: ₹3,800 per user/month (Billed annually starting at 3 users)
- Best USP: Intuitive platform to create surveys with ease
In today’s competitive business world, creating excellent surveys must be super easy. SurveySparrow is the best one on the dock if you want an online survey tool to create surveys effortlessly. It can be used by individuals, businesses, and large corporations for all their market research needs. SurveySparrow can also be used for instant polls to garner more information about the audience.
- It helps create an excellent survey experience for the audience.
- User-friendly dashboard to manage surveys in real-time.
- Utilize multiple customization features to make surveys engaging.
- It is easy to learn with absolutely no learning curve.
- The business solutions are pricey for small businesses.
Survey sparrow offers multiple plans that any business or entrepreneur can choose from. Along with the free trial, the following are the plans offered by SurveySparrow:
- Premium: $29/month (Billed annually)
- Basic: $19/month (Billed annually)
- Elite: Custom pricing
- Enterprise: $499/month (Billed annually)
- Business : $99/month (Billed annually)
- Customer Experience
- CX Enterprise: Custom pricing
- CX Premium: $299/month (Billed annually)
- CX Basic: $99/month (Billed annually)
- CX Free
- 360 Assessments
- 360 Assessments: $79/subject
- Best USP: Superior aesthetics and clean interface
No one wants to respond to a dull-looking survey anymore, as audiences expect more engaging surveys online. With Typeform, you can now design aesthetically pleasing surveys for a variety of market research purposes. You can also integrate Typeform with various applications and tools for better survey management and utilization.
- Typeform has a simple yet effective interface that is easy to use.
- The plugins and interactions make Typeform even better.
- Reliable market research tool to create engaging online surveys.
- Excellent responsive capability on multiple devices.
- Customer service is not timely
In addition to the free plan, Typeform offers the following pricing plans:
- Basic: $29/month and billed monthly ($25/month when billed annually)
- Plus: $59/month and billed monthly ($50/month when billed annually)
- Business: $99/month and billed monthly ($83/month when billed annually)
4. Google Forms
- Best USP: The best survey tool available for free
It is a free survey tool that is part of Google's productivity tools. Google Forms allows users to easily create surveys and quizzes and collect and analyze responses in real-time. It is also easy to analyze the responses collected in Google Forms, as it allows quick data integration with Google Sheets.
- Google Forms is user-friendly and easy to navigate.
- Surveys can be created and analyzed in a browser or mobile.
- Different types of questions can be added to the survey.
- You can keep the survey private by managing the access.
- Limited customization features compared to other survey tools.
Google Forms is free to use.
5. Alchemer (Previously SurveyGizmo)
- Best USP: Highly flexible and customizable survey tool
Alchemer is another excellent market research tool that offers a plethora of customization tools for creating surveys. Many businesses use Alchemer for its diverse automation capabilities, which makes their jobs easier. It also has a database of numerous questions you can include in the survey according to your goals.
- It is an easy-to-use survey tool for businesses and individuals.
- It offers advanced reporting tools for better response analysis.
- Businesses can ask as many questions as needed on surveys.
- Alchemer is easy to integrate with Google Sheets, Salesforce, Tableau, etc.
- It offers low value for money.
Businesses looking to subscribe to the services of Alchemer can choose any other following plans. They also offer free trial with all plans except the Enterprise Platform plan.
The plans are as given below:
- Collaborator: $55 per user/per month ($ 315/user/month when billed annually)
- Professional: $165 per user/per month ($ 1075/user/month when billed annually)
- Full Access: $275 per user/per month ($ 1895/user/month when billed annually)
- Enterprise Platform: Custom plan
- Best USP: Multiple design features for creating top-notch surveys
QuestionPro offers a unique mixture of survey-creation features and report-generation capabilities for businesses. The tool is user-friendly and has diverse pre-built templates for creating surveys. Using QuestionPro, you can gather information from your survey audience and send them rewards and loyalty cards for participating in surveys.
- Collect data from thousands of participants for better insights.
- Leverage a powerful dashboard to analyze the responses.
- Professional customer service via email and chat for quick help.
- Quick integration is possible with Salesforce, Marketo, etc.
- The learning curve is steep compared to similar tools.
The survey software offered by QuestionPro is available under three plans, such as:
- Advanced: $99/month, billed annually for $1188 . It comes with 10-day free trial.
- Team Edition: Custom plan
- Research Edition: Custom plan
7. Zoho Survey
- Best USP: The best survey tool with a clean interface
Another user-friendly tool for creating surveys and questionnaires, Zoho Survey comes with numerous pre-built survey templates. It is also one of the most affordable survey tools in the market. You can also use the tool to send many surveys per your goals with open-ended, multiple-choice, objective-type questions.
- Create numerous surveys with a slew of templates.
- Surveys can be created and optimized for any device.
- Share the survey with your audience and protect it with a monitored SSL certificate.
- You can collaborate with your team to edit and assess the survey.
- Limited customization options
The pricing plans offered by Zoho Survey are as given below. In addition to the following plans, they offer a credit card-free trial with the Enterprise plan.
- Plus: ₹800/month (₹600/month when billed annually)
- Pro: ₹2500/month (₹1700/month when billed annually)
- Enterprise: ₹5700/month (₹3900/month when billed annually)
- Best USP: The best tool to create quick surveys easily in no time
A robust market research tool with numerous features to create beautiful surveys. The surveys are lightweight and load quickly on any device. The tool has been designed keeping your survey goals in mind. When the responses start pouring in, the real-time analytics tool springs to life with graphs, pie charts, word clouds, etc., to make insight generation quick and fun.
- The interface is extremely easy to learn for everyone.
- Diverse reports to get deeper insights into the responses.
- Availability of multiple themes, in-built questions, and analytics.
- Make aesthetically pleasing surveys using design features.
- The free version could have some more features.
SurveyLegend has four plans for their users and these plans are as given below:
- Starter: Free
- Pro: $19/month ($170/year when billed annually
- Business: $39/month ($300/year when billed annually)
- Legendary: $89/month ($780/year when billed annually)
9. Sogolytics (Formerly SoGoSurvey)
- Best USP: Automated tools for data collection and analysis
For businesses looking for a cost-effective survey tool with excellent data analytical features, Sogolytics is the best option. With various in-built questions and design templates, Sogolytics makes creating surveys easier than ever. You can also use the tool to distribute the survey on multiple platforms successfully.
- The tool allows you to share report links with your team in real-time.
- You can collect data and export reports to Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Send surveys to non-English speaking audiences with the multi-language feature.
- Audio and video features to make your surveys more engaging.
- The interface of the software could be better.
Sogolytics offers multiple plans for its users including a free plan. The paid plans offered by Sogolytics are as given below:
- Plus $25/month (Billed on annual plan)
- PRO $199/month (Billed $788 on annual plan($66/month))
- PRO $299/month (Billed $1188 on annual plan ($99/month))
- Enterprise Feedback: Custom pricing
- Best USP: Designed to ensure the best customer service
HubSpot makes it easier for businesses to create and customize online surveys. The survey can then be synced with your customer database. It offers a form builder as part of its free marketing survey tools, and businesses can use it to design any type of online survey they like.
- Create custom surveys or use premade templates.
- Share the surveys via email and by embedding them to your website.
- User-friendly admin dashboard to manage survey responses.
- Option to measure net promoter score (NPS).
- The pricing is higher to get complete benefits.
Customer survey tools are available under the Customer Service Software and the pricing for the same are as given below:
- Free plan
- Starter plan: $45/month
- Professional plan: $450/month
- Enterprise plan: $1200/month
- Best USP: Excellent customer service and ease of use
Although KeySurvey is not the first name that comes to mind when thinking of online survey tools, it has all the potential to become a top name in the industry. The tool is raved about by its users for ease of use and the quality of customer service. The mobile-first approach of the tool has made many businesses actively use the tool in this era of mobile search and commerce.
- The tool allows users to collect offline answers.
- Integrate the tool easily with API integration.
- Bolster your workflow with automated data collection.
- Review real-time operations using interface management.
- The pricing structure is a letdown.
There are two plans offered by KeySurvey and they are as given below:
- Starter plan: 30-days free trial
- Enterprise plan: Custom pricing
- Best USP: Clean interface and top-notch analytical tools
Qualtrics is one of the top marketing survey tools with extensive capabilities to handle any type of survey, from small customer surveys to extensive research surveys. You can use Qualtrics to design highly targeted surveys with custom or existing templates. The tool also has over 100 questions you can use to gather data from the audiences.
- Create and review surveys online in real-time for better responses.
- Use ExpertReview for better survey quality and data collection.
- Easily integrate surveys into CRMs like Adobe, Marketo, Salesforce, etc.
- Robust statistical analysis and predictive intelligence tools for apt insights.
- Time-consuming to add contact data to the database.
Qualtrics offers a free trial as well as custom plans.
- Best USP: Highly interactive and easy-to-use software
As you might have guessed, KwikSurveys are quick and highly user-friendly. Even a beginner can create engaging surveys using this online market research tool. It is also extremely simple to use, with a range of uncomplicated features.
- Businesses can share the surveys using multiple means.
- Carry out an in-depth analysis of the responses collected.
- Easy to share the responses and reports with third parties applications.
- Customize the surveys to align them with your brand’s voice.
- Limited options for survey customization and design.
KwikSurveys offers a free trial and four different plans that customers can choose from, such as:
- Essentials: $12.99/month paid annually
- Pro: $25/month paid annually
- Business: $59/month paid annually
- Students and Non-Profits: 2.99/month paid annually
- Best USP: this DIY tool can save a lot of time, allowing users to create interactive forms in minutes, without coding or design experience.
Visme provides a versatile form builder to collect any kind and amount of data, whether you need a simple form with a few fields only or a complex one spanning across several pages. With Visme, you can build forms using ready-made templates and then add them to your landing pages or any other strategic places on your site via the embed code.
If you collect the data by email, it’s also possible to share your form via a link. Whenever someone fills it out, you’ll receive an email notification. You can access your research results in Visme’s dashboard, export them into CSV and import into any marketing software you use like CRMs.
- Access multiple pre-designed form templates for any use case
- Easily rearrange and customize form fields by simply dragging and dropping
- Match forms to your brand style thanks to lots of customization options (fonts, colors, header, borders, background design, etc.)
- Use icons, images, videos, and many other interactive graphic elements to create lively, attention-grabbing forms
- Track all the essential stats, including form views, completion rates and audience’s responses
- The free plan provides 100 MB of storage only. Whenever you reach this limit, you’ll need to remove your data to create something new.
Visme offers several plans so that users can choose the best pricing for their budget and needs, without having to overpay for unnecessary amounts of data.
- Basic: free to use (no credit card info is required)
- Starter: $29 per month (billed monthly) / $12.25 per month (billed yearly)
- Pro: $59 per month (billed monthly) / $24.75 per month (billed yearly)
- Visme for Teams: the price depends on the team’s needs
- Zonka feedback
Best USP: A survey tool that is extremely adaptable and can be tailored to specific needs. That empowers Zonka Feedback is a comprehensive market research survey tool designed to empower businesses to understand and improve customer experiences. Renowned for its user-friendly interface, Zonka Feedback enables organizations to create customizable surveys and collect feedback across various channels, including email, SMS, web forms, and mobile apps. With advanced survey logic and integration capabilities, Zonka Feedback allows for the creation of targeted and personalized surveys while seamlessly integrating with other business tools.
- 100+ ready-to-use survey templates for various industries
- Advanced reporting and analytics options like snapshot reports, response inboxes, trends reports, etc.
- Customize questions based on previous responses, ensuring more meaningful and relevant surveys
- Capture real-time feedback on customer sentiment and experience
- Create surveys with just a few clicks without any coding and technical knowledge
Limited question types and customer feedback metrics
Zonka Feedback pricing varies based on your survey requirements.
- Free plan with dynamic Website and In-Product Surveys
- Starter Plan at $49 per month
- Professional Plan at $99 per month
How to use marketing survey tools effectively to gather insights?
Although having an excellent market research tool is crucial in successfully conducting the survey, it must be used intelligently to gather adequate insights. Here are a few tips for using the survey tools effectively and improve your omnichannel customer experience efforts:
1. Create a shorter survey than a longer one
Keep your questions focused and to the point. Avoid asking too many questions, which makes the survey longer than necessary. This can overwhelm respondents and lead to low completion rates.
2. Include easily understandable questions
Create and include questions that are easily understandable by the audience. The questions must never confuse the audience. Mix up the types of questions you use in your survey to keep things interesting and gather a wide range of data.
3. Avoid biased questions in the survey
One of the important things to keep in mind while creating a survey is to avoid biased questions in it. This will not help you bring actionable insights to base your decisions and marketing strategies.
4. Preview and test the survey before sending
It's a good idea to test your survey with a small group of people before sending it out to your entire audience. This will help you identify any errors or issues and allow you to make any necessary changes.
5. Pay attention to the design of the survey
Design is an important aspect of any online market survey. The design must be user-friendly and dynamic to fit any device the audience uses. It must also help the audience navigate the questions easily so that you can get insights to delight your customers.
4 Effective tips to improve the survey participation rate
Getting the audiences to participate in a survey is crucial if a business wants to get as much data as possible through the survey. Although creating the best survey with an excellent design can help, getting people to participate is harder than one might think.
Here are 4 tips to increase your survey participation rate:
1. Personalize survey invites
The first thing to get a person to take your survey is to customize the invitation for each individual. This will make the person feel special and privileged, which can encourage them to participate in the customer satisfaction surveys.
2. Send incentives and rewards for successful completion
Sending incentives and rewards encourages participants to complete your surveys. The fact they are getting a reward to complete the survey makes the survey legitimate in the eyes of the participants, which makes them spend their precious time on your survey. This considerably increased the the participation rate of your surveys.
3. Use a great mobile-friendly template
As people are mostly online using their cell phones, using a mobile-friendly template to design the survey makes sense. This will make it easier for the audience to participate in the survey.
4. Send surveys from your business domain
The person you send your survey to may have already received two or three surveys already. So how do you make yours stand out? You send the survey from your business domain, which is more respectful, business-like, and less spammy. This will considerably improve your participation rate.
Undoubtedly, conducting market research surveys is a productive way to gather insights and information about your target audience or customers. Although many market research survey tools are available to help you create and distribute surveys, choosing the tool that fits your needs is crucial for achieving your survey goals. Most survey tools offer a range of features and options for creating surveys, analyzing results, rewarding customers with digital rewards, and sharing findings with others.
By carefully considering your priorities and choosing a tool that fulfills your objectives, you can gather invaluable insights that help you make informed business decisions and data-driven strategies.
What are online surveys?
An online survey is a set of questions structured as a form to elicit certain responses from its target audience over the internet. Online surveys are widely used by businesses and other organizations to gather information from customers, employees, and the general public.
What are online survey tools?
Conducting an online survey is a challenging prospect. It takes a lot of time to prepare, format, and distribute the survey and collate the data collected. Online tools make it easy for businesses to conduct surveys and analyze them to generate insights.
From a business point of view, survey tools are extremely cost-effective as they help reduce the costs involved in setting up and conducting interviews for data collection.
Most of the time, surveys need to cover a large geographical area, the logistical challenges of which can be intimidating. Online survey tools are much more convenient as they help address these concerns.
Why should you use market research survey tools?
When many hear abou market researcht survey tools, they think it’s merely a tool for market research, which it is. But survey tools are much more than that.
Market research survey tools can help you:
- Constantly engage with customers and employees
- Bolster your customers’ product/service experience
- Understand customer pain points to address them
- Improve customer service and satisfaction
- Learn market sentiments, trends, and behaviors
- Understand changing customer preferences