Table of Contents
In the world of marketing and advertising, a catchy slogan or tagline can work wonders in establishing a brand's identity and connecting with its target audience. These succinct and memorable phrases can encapsulate a company's essence, evoke emotions, and leave a lasting impression on consumers.
In this blog, we delve into the captivating world of brand slogans and taglines, exploring 48 iconic examples that have become synonymous with the success and recognition of the brands they represent. From multinational corporations to small businesses that have made a big impact, we uncover the stories behind these powerful words that have stood the test of time.
From the iconic "Just Do It" by Nike to the enticing "I'm Lovin' It" by McDonald's, we'll explore how these slogans have seamlessly integrated into our culture, leaving an indelible mark on our collective consciousness.
Let's explore the power of slogans and taglines, and appreciate the creative brilliance that continues to define the success of these 50 famous brands.
48 Famous brand slogans and taglines
Here are 48 famous brand slogans and tag lines you can take inspiration from.
1. Nike: "Just Do It."
Nike's slogan "Just Do It" is a powerful and motivational phrase that encourages individuals to take action and pursue their goals. It conveys a sense of determination, self-belief, and the idea that obstacles can be overcome.
2. Apple: "Think Different."
Apple's slogan "Think Different" emphasizes the company's commitment to innovation, creativity, and challenging the status quo. It encourages people to think outside the box and embrace unique perspectives.
3. Coca-Cola: "Open Happiness."
Coca-Cola's slogan "Open Happiness" implies that their beverage brings joy and happiness to people's lives. It suggests that by consuming their product, individuals can experience positive emotions and create memorable moments.
4. McDonald's: "I'm Lovin' It."
McDonald's slogan "I'm Lovin' It" conveys a sense of enjoyment and satisfaction when consuming their food. It aims to create a connection with customers by associating their products with positive emotions.
5. BMW: "The Ultimate Driving Machine."
BMW's slogan "The Ultimate Driving Machine" highlights the brand's focus on delivering exceptional driving experiences. It suggests that their vehicles are of superior quality, performance, and engineering, appealing to car enthusiasts.
6. Google: "Don't Be Evil."
Google's slogan "Don't Be Evil" was a part of the company's corporate code of conduct. It represented their commitment to ethical practices, transparency, and prioritizing user trust and privacy. However, in 2018, Google retired this slogan.
7. Volkswagen: "Think Small."
Volkswagen's slogan "Think Small" was used in the 1960s to promote their compact cars. It embraced the idea of simplicity, practicality, and fuel efficiency, positioning their smaller vehicles as a smart choice for consumers.
8. L'Oréal: "Because You're Worth It."
L'Oréal's slogan "Because You're Worth It" focuses on personal empowerment and self-worth. It suggests that by using their beauty and cosmetic products, individuals can enhance their appearance and feel confident about themselves.
9. FedEx: "When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight."
FedEx's slogan emphasizes their commitment to reliable and expedited delivery services. It suggests that when there is a critical need for urgent delivery, FedEx is the trusted option to ensure it arrives on time.
10. Mastercard: "There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's Mastercard."
Mastercard's slogan highlights the idea that certain experiences and emotions in life cannot be purchased with money. However, for all other transactions and purchases, Mastercard positions itself as a convenient and reliable payment option.
11. Pepsi: "For the love of it."
Pepsi's slogan "For the love of it" conveys the idea that their beverage is enjoyed and cherished by people. It emphasizes the emotional connection and enjoyment associated with consuming Pepsi, suggesting that people choose it out of pure love and preference.
12. Amazon: "A to Z."
Amazon's tagline "A to Z" symbolizes the vast range of products available on their platform. It suggests that Amazon is a one-stop destination where customers can find everything they need, from A to Z, encompassing a wide variety of products and services.
13. Disney: "The happiest place on Earth."
Disney's slogan "The happiest place on Earth" is associated with their theme parks. It conveys the idea that Disney parks provide a magical and joyful experience for visitors, emphasizing the happiness and wonder that can be found within their attractions.
14. Ford: "Go Further."
Ford's slogan "Go Further" represents the brand's commitment to progress, innovation, and pushing boundaries. It implies that Ford vehicles are designed to take individuals on new journeys, both physically and metaphorically, encouraging them to explore and achieve more.
15. Adidas: "Impossible is Nothing."
Adidas's tagline "Impossible is Nothing" is a motivational phrase that inspires individuals to overcome challenges and believe in their potential. It aligns with the brand's sports-oriented image and encourages customers to push their limits and achieve greatness.
16. Intel: "Intel Inside."
Intel's slogan "Intel Inside" is a branding strategy that emphasizes the presence of Intel's microprocessors and technologies within computer systems. It signifies the importance of Intel's technology in powering devices and highlights their contribution to the performance and capabilities of electronic devices.
17. McDonald's: "I'm lovin' it."
McDonald's slogan "I'm lovin' it" is a catchy and relatable phrase that expresses the enjoyment and satisfaction people experience when consuming McDonald's food. It aims to create an emotional connection with customers and promote a positive association with the brand.
18. AT&T: "More bars in more places."
AT&T's tagline "More bars in more places" emphasizes the extensive coverage and availability of their wireless network. It suggests that AT&T provides a reliable and widespread network connection, enabling customers to stay connected wherever they go.
19. Visa: "Everywhere you want to be."
Visa's slogan "Everywhere you want to be" highlights the convenience and acceptance of Visa cards worldwide. It conveys the message that Visa offers universal accessibility and enables customers to make purchases and transactions wherever they desire.
20. American Express: "Don't leave home without it."
American Express's tagline "Don't leave home without it" emphasizes the importance and value of carrying an American Express card. It suggests that having an American Express card provides security, convenience, and benefits that one should not go without when venturing outside.
21. Coca-Cola: "Taste the feeling."
Coca-Cola's slogan "Taste the feeling" emphasizes the sensory experience and pleasure associated with drinking Coca-Cola. It suggests that Coca-Cola offers more than just a beverage; it provides an enjoyable and refreshing taste that evokes positive emotions.
22. KFC: "Finger lickin' good."
KFC's slogan "Finger lickin' good" suggests that their food is so delicious that it is worth savoring to the last bite. It conveys the idea that KFC's fried chicken is exceptionally tasty and satisfying, to the point that people naturally want to lick their fingers after enjoying it.
23. IBM: "Think."
IBM's slogan "Think" embodies the company's emphasis on innovation, problem-solving, and intellectual prowess. It encourages individuals and businesses to think critically and creatively, positioning IBM as a provider of intelligent solutions and technologies.
24. Subway: "Eat fresh."
Subway's slogan "Eat fresh" highlights the brand's focus on providing fresh and healthier food options. It promotes the perception that Subway sandwiches and salads are made with fresh ingredients, appealing to those seeking nutritious and flavorful meal choices.
25. Volkswagen: "Das Auto."
Volkswagen's tagline "Das Auto" translates to "The Car" in English. It signifies Volkswagen's confidence in their vehicles, positioning them as high-quality and dependable automobiles. The tagline reflects German engineering and the brand's heritage.
26. Chevrolet: "Find new roads."
Chevrolet's slogan "Find new roads" embodies the spirit of exploration, adventure, and discovery. It suggests that Chevrolet vehicles are designed to enable individuals to break free from the ordinary and embark on new and exciting journeys.
27. UPS: "What can brown do for you?"
UPS's tagline "What can brown do for you?" plays on the company's iconic brown delivery trucks and uniforms. It conveys the message that UPS is dedicated to providing reliable and comprehensive services, offering solutions to meet customers' needs and exceed their expectations.
28. Verizon: "Can you hear me now?"
Verizon's tagline "Can you hear me now?" was widely recognized in their advertising campaigns, featuring a person testing Verizon's network coverage. It emphasizes the reliability and strength of Verizon's network, assuring customers of clear and consistent communication.
29. Sprite: "Obey your thirst."
Sprite's slogan "Obey your thirst" encourages individuals to follow their instincts and desires. It implies that Sprite is a refreshing beverage that can quench one's thirst and provide a satisfying and enjoyable experience.
30. M&M's: "Melts in your mouth, not in your hands."
M&M's slogan "Melts in your mouth, not in your hands" emphasizes the unique characteristic of their chocolate candies. It suggests that M&M's are designed to be enjoyed without mess, as they melt in the mouth and not in the hands, providing a convenient and enjoyable snacking experience.
31. Red Bull: "Gives You Wings"
This slogan is used by the energy drink brand Red Bull. It implies that consuming their product will give you a boost of energy and the ability to achieve extraordinary things, metaphorically giving you wings.
32. Microsoft: "Be What's Next"
Microsoft's slogan encourages individuals and businesses to embrace the future and push boundaries. It suggests that Microsoft's technology and services can empower people to be at the forefront of innovation and seize new opportunities.
33. Honda: "The Power of Dreams"
Honda's slogan emphasizes the brand's belief in the potential and aspirations of individuals. It suggests that Honda's products and technologies can help people fulfill their dreams and achieve their goals.
34. Allstate: "You're in Good Hands"
This slogan is used by Allstate, an insurance company. It signifies that customers can feel secure and protected with Allstate, as their insurance needs are taken care of by reliable and trustworthy hands.
35. Target: "Expect More, Pay Less"
Target's slogan highlights their commitment to offering quality products and a satisfying shopping experience at affordable prices. It suggests that customers can have high expectations while still paying less compared to other retailers.
36. Levi's: "Quality Never Goes Out of Style"
Levi's slogan highlights the enduring quality and timeless appeal of their denim products. It suggests that Levi's jeans remain fashionable and relevant across different eras, emphasizing their commitment to crafting durable and stylish garments.
37. Samsung: "Imagine the Possibilities"
Samsung's slogan reflects the brand's focus on innovation and imagination. It encourages people to envision a world of possibilities and showcases Samsung's commitment to creating cutting-edge technology and products.
38. Rolex: "A Crown for Every Achievement"
Rolex's slogan signifies the brand's association with success and accomplishment. It suggests that a Rolex watch is a symbol of prestige and is deserving of individuals who have achieved significant milestones or goals.
39. eBay: "Buy it, Sell it, Love it"
eBay's slogan highlights the versatility and convenience of their online marketplace. It communicates that eBay is a platform where people can easily buy and sell a wide range of products, enabling them to find items they love.
40. Calvin Klein: "Between love and madness lies obsession"
This slogan by Calvin Klein evokes a sense of intensity and passion. It suggests that the brand's products and designs are captivating, provoking feelings of desire and obsession.
41. Chanel: "Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance"
Chanel's slogan conveys the brand's philosophy of elegance through simplicity. It suggests that true elegance lies in the simplicity of design and style, emphasizing the timeless and refined nature of Chanel's products.
42. Wendy's: "Where's the Beef?"
Wendy's used this slogan in a humorous advertising campaign in the 1980s. It emphasized the size and quality of their hamburger patties compared to their competitors, suggesting that Wendy's had more substantial and satisfying beef in their burgers.
43. Intel: "Intel Inside"
This slogan was introduced by Intel to highlight the fact that their computer processors were an integral and essential part of many computers. It became synonymous with their brand, indicating that a computer with "Intel Inside" was equipped with reliable and high-performance technology.
44. Reebok: "I Am What I Am"
Reebok's slogan reflects individuality and self-expression. It encourages people to embrace their uniqueness and be true to themselves, suggesting that Reebok's products can enhance and complement one's personal style and identity.
45. Audi: "Vorsprung durch Technik" (Advancement through Technology)
Audi's German slogan translates to "Advancement through Technology." It reflects the brand's commitment to technological progress and innovative engineering. The slogan suggests that Audi vehicles are at the forefront of automotive technology, offering advanced features and performance.
46. Nokia: "Connecting People"
Nokia's slogan emphasizes their role in facilitating communication and bringing people together through their mobile devices. It suggests that Nokia's products enable people to connect with each other, emphasizing the brand's focus on connectivity and interpersonal relationships.
47. Home Depot: "More Saving. More Doing."
This slogan by Home Depot emphasizes the value and practicality of their products. It suggests that customers can save money while taking on DIY projects or home improvement tasks with the help of Home Depot, empowering them to be proactive and hands-on.
48. GE: "Imagination at Work"
General Electric's slogan signifies the company's focus on innovation and creative problem-solving. It suggests that GE's products and solutions are driven by imagination and the desire to improve various aspects of life, highlighting their commitment to technological advancements.
How to create a brand slogan?
Creating a brand slogan involves careful consideration and strategic thinking. Here are some steps to help you create a brand slogan:
- Understand your brand: Begin by gaining a deep understanding of your brand's values, mission, target audience, and unique selling propositions. A brand slogan should align with and reflect your brand's identity.
- Identify key messages: Determine the key messages you want to convey through your brand slogan. Consider the essence of your brand, the benefits you offer, and what sets you apart from competitors. These messages should resonate with your target audience.
- Keep it concise: A brand slogan should be short and memorable. Aim for a few words or a short phrase that captures the essence of your brand. A concise slogan is easier to remember and helps make a strong impact.
- Reflect brand personality: Consider the personality and tone of your brand. Determine if you want your slogan to be playful, serious, inspiring, or informative. The tone should align with your brand's overall image and target audience.
- Use creativity and wordplay: Incorporate creativity and wordplay into your slogan to make it more engaging and memorable. Play with language, use rhymes or alliteration, or create a clever twist. This can help your slogan stand out and be more memorable.
- Be unique: Strive for a brand slogan that is distinct and sets your brand apart. Avoid generic or overused phrases. Your slogan should capture the essence of your brand in a way that is unique and memorable to create a lasting impression.
- Test and refine: Once you have a few slogan ideas, test them with your target audience or within your team. Gather feedback and refine your slogans based on the responses. Consider factors like clarity, impact, and relevance to make the necessary adjustments.
- Align with brand visuals: Ensure that your brand slogan aligns with your brand visuals, including logos, logo colors, and overall brand identity. Consistency across all brand elements helps reinforce your brand message and makes it more recognizable.
- Protect and trademark: Once you have finalized your brand slogan, consider protecting it by trademarking it if necessary. This can help prevent others from using your slogan and ensure is exclusive association with your brand.
These 48 famous brand slogans and taglines have left an indelible mark on the world of marketing and advertising. They showcase the power of concise and impactful messaging in defining a brand's identity and captivating its target audience.
As we appreciate the creative brilliance behind these slogans, let us recognize their role in shaping the business landscape and inspiring future generations of marketers.