Having a compelling vision statement is a critical requirement for every corporate organization. It is paramount because the people you are serving and directing need to understand first why they should follow you before they do so.
Additionally, a vision statement plays a significant part in the strategic planning process and aids in integrating with the company's culture, core values, and mission. It also helps in the following:
- Inspiring employees to be committed
- Building a corporate identity
- Bringing top talent
- Reaching the target customers
- Making better business decisions
- Setting future goals
However, writing a captivating vision statement for a business can be a challenging process.
But if you are short of ideas, no worries!
We bring you the 15 best vision statement examples of top companies worldwide to draw inspiration from. But before that, let’s understand what exactly a vision statement is.
What is a vision statement?
A company's vision statement offers a glimpse of the foreseeable future of the organization. It's a declaration that outlines the company's larger vision.
It serves as a roadmap for the brand's future goals and aspirations for both its target market and the world in general.
Organizations need vision statements for a broad range of reasons. A well-crafted vision statement can concisely outline a business's strategic plan.
It also fosters a sense of community, a clearer understanding of an organization's common objectives among all its employees, and increases staff engagement.
Therefore, the actions you must take to manifest your vision statement should then be outlined in your mission statement.
15 examples of best vision statements
Here are the companies that have the best vision statements.
1. Shopify: To make commerce better for everyone, so businesses can focus on what they do best – building and selling their products.
As outlined in Shopify's vision statement, the brand wants to manage every aspect of the business that has to do with eCommerce. The company aspires to build a community where businesses of all sizes and shapes can flourish.
Shopify wants to make it simple for business owners and retailers to manufacture, purchase, and/or sell their goods on the platform with complete security and convenience.
2. Disney: To be one of the world's leading producers and providers of entertainment and information.
Disney’s vision statement clearly conveys to its audience that it does more than just providing them with ordinary entertainment. Through its activities, it hopes to communicate ideas and stimulate creativity that will inspire upcoming generations.
This is a remarkable vision statement because it highlights how The Walt Disney Company prioritizes conquering the international market for entertainment, mass media products, resorts, and theme parks.
3. Fenty Beauty: To inspire. Makeup is there for you to have fun with.
Fenty Beauty’s all-inclusive cosmetics line inspires people to accept and love their skin tone and use makeup to enhance and accentuate their beautiful features.
But as you can already notice, Fenty's vision statement urges people to have fun with makeup because it isn't always about beautifying faces or covering blemishes.
Makeup is an art, and you can use your face as a canvas to create amazing looks with Fenty Beauty’s products.
4. Mercedes-Benz: With our design philosophy of Sensual Purity, we initiated a shift in automotive design.
Mercedes-Benz's goal, as per its vision statement, is to transform the automobile industry by designing and building luxurious, high-speed cars.
According to the brand's design philosophy, it prioritizes creative visionaries who can design and build automobiles that reflect purity and sensuality. They think that when technology meets innovation, the results are truly impressive vehicle designs.
5. Pizza Hut: To improve the well-being of customers, community, and every person connected to the enterprise.
The vision statement of Pizza Hut states that the company strives to emerge as the best employer in every town or area. They want all their customers to experience the best service from Pizza Hut, whether they opt for dine-in or takeaway.
This highlights that Pizza Hut prioritizes on upholding the interests of its clients, staff, and franchise owners and does its best to maintain that in many ways.
6. Microsoft: We strive to create local opportunity, growth, and impact in every country around the world.
Microsoft is one of the leading technology businesses in the world. It develops advanced technological software solutions on a global scale for business, entertainment, and creative uses, and its vision statement rightly reflects that.
Anybody who seeks a technological solution can get it from Microsoft, thanks to its accessibility and affordability.
7. ZOOM: Video communications empowering people to accomplish more.
As evident by ZOOM's vision statement, the company aspires to empower people, build connections, and maintain community through video conferencing.
Although ZOOM has top players to compete within the video conferencing industry, it has already crossed several milestones. It is quite head-to-head with companies like Google and Microsoft.
8. MAC Cosmetics: MAC was founded with a creative vision to fill the gap between makeup artistry and fashion photography.
MAC Cosmetics was founded with the intention of addressing the requirements of fashion photographers, models, and makeup artists who were looking for solutions to help them shine at photo shoots, runway shows, and other events.
The brand's makeup line is also known for being a top choice for many photographers and models since the products last long through the day, creating desired effects with their supreme quality.
9. Cadbury: Working together to create brands people love.
Cadbury’s vision statement outlines that they value and respect the efforts of everyone they work, collaborate, or associate with, from stakeholders and employees to customers.
From its vision statement and marketing initiatives, it is clear that the brand not only aims to be loved by all but, at the same time, wants to give back and share happiness through its offerings.
10. Nike: Do everything possible to expand human potential.
This well-crafted vision statement of Nike shows that the company does not limit itself to mediocre customer service. Rather, it ensures to give the best that's there in the sports universe to its customers.
This vision statement portrays Nike as a company that does not settle for the ordinary; instead, it seeks out the most innovative, simplistic, yet very functional designs that have favorable effects on consumers.
11. Starbucks: To establish Starbucks as the premier purveyor of the finest coffee in the world while maintaining our uncompromising principles while we grow.
It is quite obvious from Starbucks' vision statement that it aims to be the premier purveyor. In other words, it seeks to outperform rival businesses in the industry by offering the highest-quality products and services, particularly coffee.
As one of the top coffee and coffeehouse businesses in the world, Starbucks achieves this goal by continuing its global expansion.
12. LinkedIn: Create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce.
Since LinkedIn has established itself as an international business, its services are not exclusive to any specific nation or location. The fact that it serves the world on a global scale is a strong testament to the power of its vision statement.
LinkedIn's primary objective as a company is to create economic opportunities for all. The company does this by making all job openings accessible to all its users.
13. Google: To provide access to the world’s information in one click.
The essence of how Google does business is a clear reflection of this vision statement. The reason: Its search engine service is by far the most popular product. With the help of this service, users can quickly access information from all across the globe.
The corporation implements its vision to uphold its supremacy in the Internet technology and online services sectors.
14. Walmart: Be the destination for customers to save money, no matter how they want to shop.
The vision statement clearly reflects the desire for Walmart to become a retail leader. To accomplish that and align its actions with its words, the brand is striving to become a one-stop destination for all its customers. It offers convenience and variety in addition to competitive prices on all of its goods and services.
15. Puma: To be the most desirable and sustainable Sport lifestyle company in the world.
Puma’s vision statement outlines the company's aspiration to become the most desirable and sustainable sports lifestyle brand among its customers, shareholders, and employees globally.
The corporation aims to satisfy all of its stakeholders by setting a high standard for the quality of the products it offers.
We hope studying some of the best vision statement examples gave you a good amount of insight. Now, let’s learn how to write one for your own company.
How to write the best vision statements?
Continue reading to learn how to write the best vision statement.
1. Identify your company’s future goals
A compelling vision statement should reflect a company's purpose and long-term goals. Therefore, you must determine the following:
- What are your organizational goals are
- What effect do you hope your business will have on clients and the world
- What do you intend to see your organization accomplish in the long run
Once you've identified these factors, you can incorporate them into your vision statement to make it more impactful.
2. Ensure your vision statement is clear and concise
You must ensure that your vision statement is clear and concise and incorporates captivating terms or phrases relevant to your business.
Doing so will undoubtedly incite an emotional response in your clients and make them believe more in your brand.
Additionally, avoid beating around the bush; rather, stick to core points to make your vision statement more impactful.
3. Check out vision statement examples for inspiration from established and successful companies
Every top and successful organization has a vision and mission statement. If you lack inspiration or are unsure of how to begin writing your vision statement, you must research the ones of top companies.
There are many vision statement examples that you can go through in this blog itself that can help you get inspired and let your creativity flow.
Writing a vision statement for your company might seem daunting and time-consuming, but it does not have to be. You can craft an impactful vision statement by understanding the above guide and implementing it.
Once you create a thoughtful vision statement, it will significantly impact the success of your company. Additionally, it will:
- Serve as motivation for employees during difficult times
- Increase employee loyalty
- Retain top talent
- Establish quality benchmarks for products and services
- Foster a sense of pride in the employees of your organization
You can build your pathway to accomplish these goals by investing in an employee engagement platform of repute.
- Build a better corporate culture
- Increase employee engagement
- Gather employee feedback
- Recognize employee efforts
- Reward good performances
- Reduce employee turnover
So, what are you waiting for?
Sign up for a 30-day free trial with Empuls today and begin exploring and enjoying Empuls' numerous benefits!
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions to help you know more.
1. What is a good vision statement example?
One of the good vision statement examples to consider is of Disney: To be one of the world's leading producers and providers of entertainment and information.
2. What is Netflix's vision statement?
The vision statement of Netflix is “Becoming the best global entertainment distribution service.”
3. What is Apple's vision statement?
The vision statement of Apple is “We believe that we are on the face of the earth to make great products and that’s not changing.”
4. What are the components of a vision statement?
The three primary components of creating a vision statement are:
- Your offerings (products and services)
- Your customers (how you want to serve the world)
- Purpose of your company (why your company exists)
5. What is the difference between a mission statement and a vision statement?
A mission statement describes what the business is doing at the moment, but a vision statement explains what the business aspires to accomplish in the future. These two statements represent: where the company is at the moment vs. where the company wants to be.
6. How long should a vision statement be?
A vision statement can be as short as one sentence and as long as three sentences. Make sure your vision statement remains under 100 words and is concise and to the point.