Employee appreciation is certainly not a one-size-fits-all need. Showing employees they are appreciated by their employer and office colleagues boosts morale and increases workplace efficacy.
To increase the enthusiasm level, employee appreciation should be personalized disregard of only some special occasion. It would be amazing if your small ‘thumbs up’ or ‘good job’ could be spread throughout the year. Here are few ways to make them feel valued:
- Let your team work when they want to work. The flexibility can be worth a lot more than cash.
- Get all your employees together in the same room. Really pack them in. Then invite in the employee you’re recognizing and give him or her a standing ovation.
- Arrange a big trophy and give it to the employee you are recognizing for the month. At the end of the month, they must return the trophy but they need to add five things to it. Then next month give it to the next winner. At the end of the year, you’ll have a trophy with 60 things stuck to it. It looks hysterical and has lots of memories. Finally, retire the trophy and put it in your reception area. Do it every year.
- Name an office, lounge, conference room or any room in your office building after the employee.
- Give them a pair of movie tickets, and the time off to go see their favorite movie during the workday.
- Send the employee a bouquet of healthy, edible fruit or cookies. Have it delivered to their home, or in the office.
- Pay for them to take a fun class, such as cooking or skydiving or a small gift card from their favorite store.
- There’s no better way to get employees’ attention than to take them and their family to dinner. Make it a nice restaurant of their choice from a list you provide.
- Have a half day a week where employees can work on a personal project, or volunteer at the organization of their choice.
- Offer to swap a task with them for a day or week.
Employee appreciation is never out-of-place. In fact, in many organizations, it’s often lacking. Why not make your workplace an exception! Use every opportunity to demonstrate your gratitude to employees and these will bring you the success in employee motivation, employee recognition and in building a positive, productive workplace.
Giftxoxo which is a major player in Rewards & Recognition space feels that the employees have been in the box far too long, it’s time to show them some appreciation.
Remember, employees yearn for acknowledgment, acceptance and affirmation. Schedule time to show your care and appreciation to employees, and watch their engagement and performance go up!
Has any other practices been followed at your workplace for employee appreciation? Share your thought on the comment section below.
You can always visit our Employee Rewards & Recognition platform XOXOEnterprise to give your employee a token of appreciation for their work.
Aishwarya Mohanty: I enjoy writing; be it for marketing, blogs or just casual notes. Writing for me is the magic of mind intertwined with my heart. My writing style consists of facts with a tinge of personal experiences.