5 Min Read |
How Did You Come Up With This Idea?
- The world of business and especially start-ups may have gone digital but ideation is still a process so heavily dependent on old-school tactics. Hence, ideas like Bike Street Boys do not originate in front of your computer.
- Prashant Singh, the CEO of Bike Street Boys, is an NRI living in the United States for almost a decade and has witnessed the steadily increasing number of cyclists in North America and Canada.
- Being an active cyclist since a very young age, his weekends are often spent riding with various cycling clubs, communities, charities and individual cyclists.
- Now, being a foreigner there he would often find himself answering a range of questions about Incredible India – culture, cuisine, customs, communities, contours of the country and of course, cycling in India!
- Along with these questions, there were also stories of cyclists or their friends, who did not get the best experience or taste of India. From Delhi belly to traffic and pollution stories, he had heard them all.
- Boom! That’s how the idea of Bike Street Boys was born to change how the world sees and experiences India.
- What is great about Bike Street Boys is that it is a bridge and not a goal. A strong and sustainable bridge between real India and rest of the world.
Key People Behind the Venture
- The team at Bike Street Boys firmly believes that you don’t build a business, you build people, and then the people build the business! Finding good players is easy but getting them to play as a team is another ball game altogether. Although a start-up, and a new player in the industry, Bike Street Boys can be compared with any other organized business entity that may have been here for decades. We are proud to say that we have been able to build the right team of smart and knowledgeable, process-oriented, patient, and high-spirited people. We are friends, family, well-wishers and we work together. We are a team!
Brief Messages From the Key People
- Poets, presidents, prime ministers and prime-time newscasters have said great things about cycling and so do we!
- Riding bicycles not only benefits the individual doing it but the world at large. Cycling is one of the greatest feelings of freedom one can have in a metropolitan environment. And incorporating cycling in your travel or holiday plan is the best thing you can do. You can ride through a city or explore the countryside and whiz from one side to another in minutes.
- Whether you are a seasoned cyclist or a newbie, you’ll know it when you experience it – bike travel gives you heaps of freedom, plus it’s eco-friendly and a great form of exercise. Hence, you won’t need tips for shedding any holiday fat.
What or Who Was Your Inspiration?
- The Country: No matter what your age, India’s diverse topography and a pleasant weather that is conducive for biking, allows you to just go at your own pace. You’ll be so preoccupied with the stunning scenery; you won’t feel the burn anyway!
- The Leadership: It is none other than our Prime Minister Narendra Modi, one of the most admired personalities globally. Despite being a workaholic, he manages to keep himself fit and healthy – all thanks to YOGA. He is not just a practitioner but also a preacher of the importance of healthy living.
- Also, with PM Modi’s visits to numerous countries since assuming office in 2014, the perception about India has also undergone a significant change and India witnessed a jump in the tourists’ inflow from these nations. India climbed up 13 ranks in the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) travel and tourism competitiveness index in 2015.
- Apart from this, the tourism ministry has also introduced e-Tourist visa for 150 countries and launched a 24×7 toll-free, multilingual helpline service to encourage foreign tourist arrivals.
Social Causes for Which you have Contributed So Far (if any)?
- At Bike Street Boys, local support and giving back is vital. We believe in collaborating with local homestays, cultural organizations, local workshops and tour guides so our customers get a unique experience and at the same time, we contribute to the economic development of places where we leave behind our carbon footprint.
- In fact, one of our signature rides – The Ride of Pi was recently recognized amongst “10 Amazing Charity Cycle Rides You Must Join In 2017” by Epicure & Culture magazine.
- Besides this, Prashant Singh, our CEO embarks upon several charity rides in the United States throughout the year. Some of these are:
- Cycle for sight – Lions Club Fundraiser
- BikeMS–Multiple Sclerosis Fundraiser
- Cincinnati, OH
- Louisville, Indiana
- Nashville, TN
- CRAM and Clarksville Sunrise Century, Clarksville, TN- Rotary Club Fundraiser
- Pedal for paws, Gallatin, TN
- Big hill challenge, Watertown TN and many more.
- The only achievement that matters for us is customer satisfaction and our key indicator is returning customers. So far 80% customers have signed up to ride with us again and 30% have signed up thrice and 20% have signed up 4 times.
- While there have been several little milestones in this one year journey, we’d say that our biggest achievement is customer loyalty. We have a Net Promoter Score of 9.5 and have over 80% repeat customers who want to ride with us every time they think of India.
- We take immense pride in calling this our best achievement so far!
- Also, very recently we set our foot in the door of the Indian subcontinent with our latest addition – cycling in the Kingdom of Bhutan.
Message to the Youth/Your Target Group?
- Helmet, helmet, helmet…please, always wear a helmet while cycling.
- Cycling is not yet another form of exercise, it is a form of lifestyle. We’d encourage the youth to continue cycling towards an active lifestyle and a better future. Cycling is great for everyone – not just cyclists. No gas, no traffic, pollution free, free parking and a great workout. Ride your bike and not just explore, but save the world too!
- The highest risk to a cyclist is from other speeding vehicles, so please respect cyclists and keep them safe. They are trying to save the planet for our future generations.
Differentiation Factor/X-factor According to You?
- Bike Street Boys provides incomparable cycling tours and holidays in the stunning landscapes of India. Our cycling road trips are meant for cyclists who are seeking to explore India’s vast cultural diversity, preserved historical sites, local colourful markets and untouched scenic beauty.
- All our trips are end-to-end serviced and fully supported to prevent any hiccups along the way for our guests. From the moment, they land on Indian soil all they need to do is focus on the ride, relish in the stunning landscapes and rejuvenate in truly unique hospitality.
- We select high-quality bicycles and equipment, most scenic, remote and countryside routes, excellent accommodation and dedicated tour support to make this a breathtaking experience.
How has Your Journey with Xoxoday been so far?
- We were introduced to Xoxoday at the FICCI’s Digital Travel, Hospitality
- & Innovation Summit 2017 in New Delhi where our patrons had the pleasure of meeting and interacting with Mr Kushal Agarwal, Co-founder at Xoxoday.
- After the event, Kushal ensured that the team at Xoxoday did everything possible and made it easy for us to come onboard Xoxoday.
- So far, all Bike Street Boys trips have been executed only for foreign tourists visiting India. Cycling has the power to transform not just the waistline but defines that essence of our metropolitan lifestyle. And India is catching up fast. We look forward to XoxoDay’s support in providing us with a step in the door of corporate India to make Bike Street Boys one of the most preferred “Experience as a Gift’ for corporate across India.