Salespeople and the sales team forms the lifeline of any organization. Regardless of the product or service, the sales team brings in the income and revenue needed to survive and thrive in this highly competitive economy.
Despite this, the role of sales is often under-looked and under-appreciated, to the point where the team might feel undervalued and be less motivated to perform well, especially during the current crisis, where times are tough and every organization, small or large, is trying their best to rise above the turbulent waters. Even when the sales team is working remotely, the onus of maintaining a healthy and inclusive work culture starts with an open line of communication.
Therefore, motivation should be a priority for companies looking to develop a competent and productive sales team, irrespective of the world's crises. Therefore, to find the best ways to motivate your sales team, it is essential to understand the kinds of incentives salespeople respond to the most. Typically, there are two kinds of sales teams - product sales and solution sales:
Product sales are typically for standard sales and involve salespeople who are highly driven and goal-oriented. They are likely to respond to financial rewards and recognition for their achievements. Ways to recognize them include having visual leaderboards for the best performers, commission-based compensation periodically, and making them feel valued.
Solution sales are typically for products tailored to meet the end goal of the customer. Solution salespeople tend to focus on customer satisfaction rather than sales figures. They are motivated by recognition for their ability to solve client problems intelligently and efficiently. Promotions based on customer surveys, for instance, are a good idea.
Best Motivational Quotes for Sales Team to Achieve Targets
While you can always deploy specific systems (and you must) to maximize your sales team's productivity and subsequent performance, words of wisdom at the right time can pep up your sales team as nothing else will.
Whether they are struggling to find the right prospects or nervous about taking risks during the pandemic, here are the best motivational sales team success quotes to share with your salespeople and fill them with renewed energy. You can thank us later!
Relationship Building Motivational Quotes for Sales People
1. People are starving for decisiveness. If you can give it to them, you can rule the world.
2. If you do not take care of your customers, your competitors certainly will! You do not want that in this economy. So, pull yourself up and get to work.
3. Trust trumps transactions. Never disappoint your customers. They should always be your #1 priority - no matter what anyone else says.
4. Identify what connects you with other human beings rather than what separates you from them. Sales are about understanding the challenges a customer faces, empathizing with them, and building connections.
5. Solve your customer’s pain-points, and they will be loyal to you forever!
Sales Prospecting Quotes
6. You cannot sell to others if you are not sold yourself.
7. Feedback is what champions thrive on. Do not be afraid to get feedback now and then. It is a great tool to improve yourself.
8. Expect the yes and embrace the no. That is how you master the close!
9. Clarity is power. No one can get anything done without clarity.
10. Do what others do not, and you will get what others would not.
11. Charisma might open doors for you, but the character will keep you in the building. Continuously work on yourself.
12. Never, ever, ever stop following up. It can be nerve-wracking, but it is essential in the game of sales!
Inspirational Quotes for Sales Team
13. "Start with expecting great things for yourself. Then, go out and do them. Don’t let anything or anyone stop you from achieving your goals." - Michael Jordan
14. The secret to getting ahead lies in getting started. Start now. What are you waiting for?
15. “You are what you repeatedly do. Make excellence a habit, not an act that you do once a while." - Aristotle
16. 97% of the people who quit too soon are employed by the 3% that never gave up! Do not give up, ever.
17. "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee
18. Practice like you have never won; play as you have never lost! That is how you thrive as a salesperson!
19. People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable. Don’t stop trying to close that deal, no matter how many setbacks you face.
20. Hustle in silence with determination. Let your success make the noise.
21. "Amateurs sit around and wait to get inspired. The rest of us get up and get to work." – Stephen King
22. Focus on progress, not perfection.
23. Sales is not about being perfect; it is about being persistent.
24. A successful salesperson wakes up with determination every morning and goes to bed with satisfaction. Perseverance will be your best friend.
25. If you are the smartest person in the room, you are in the wrong place. Switch rooms, change your life!
Best Quotes For Sales Motivation And Achieving Your Goals
26. "I don't have dreams; I have goals." - Harvey Specter
27. Success is never owned, only rented - and the rent is due every day. So, get cracking today. Never stop hustling.
28. Done is worth more than perfect.
29. "Winning is not everything, but wanting to win is. That’s the attitude separating great salespeople from others." - Vince Lombardi
30. The dream is free, but the hustle is not! Be prepared for long nights, working weekends, and crazy deadlines. The reward is worth it.
31. If you see it inside of your head, at some point, you will see it in front of your eyes.
32. Do not just work IN your business; work ON it. That is how it should always be.
Courageous Quotes for Sales Team Motivation
33. The quality of the questions you ask yourself determines the quality of your life. If you are not questioning yourself, what are you even doing?
34. "Be miserable or motivate yourself. It is always your choice to do what you are supposed to do." - Wayne Dyer
35. "Courage is not defined by having the strength to go on. It is, in fact, going on even when you do not have any left." - Teddy Roosevelt
36. Your past does not equal your future.
37. Your self-worth will determine your net worth.
38. Success happens at the exact moment you do not feel like it.
39. When you feel like quitting, think about why you started in the first place.
40. Whenever you feel like you have failed, remember that even Coca Cola only sold 25 bottles their first year. Success takes time.
41. You need to be okay with losing if you are truly committed to winning.
42. If you cannot do it, you must do it.
43. The difference between fear and excitement lies in how you THINK about it.
44. "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Sometimes, all it takes is the first step to start Rest, follows." - Wayne Gretzky
45. Sometimes later becomes never. Don’t let anything stop you from doing it now.
46. Great things never come from comfort zones.
47. Emails that do not get sent do not close deals.
48. Fear is the road sign to growth and success.
Tips to Motivate your Sales Team
While helping your salespeople improve their skill sets through performance management is easy, keeping them motivated can be challenging. Different people tend to respond to different kinds of motivation, and there are always external factors to contend with.
1. Ask your direct reports about what kind of management they would prefer.
Effective managers are open to adjusting to what their salespeople would prefer in terms of the number of calls or interactions per week, the type of feedback offered, the nature of rewards and recognition, and the degree of frankness expressed.
By asking salespeople how they would like to be managed, trust can be solidified, and everyone can be more productive and motivated at work.
2. Allow them to choose their rewards.
Generic gifts don’t always strike a chord with employees. Give them the flexibility to pick their rewards within a specified budget. Moreover, rewards don't always have to be monetary.
Xoxoday’s Compass – Automate incentives and commission pay-outs to sales teams using Compass, an incentive gamification software.
Xoxoday’s Empuls – Automate rewards and recognition to build a culture of recognition with Empuls, an employee engagement software. Drive a motivated workforce, make recognition candid, personalized, meaningful, and social to build a winning company culture.
Xoxoday’s Plum – Recognize the salesperson’s contribution with instant rewards and incentives using Plum. Plum gives a range of gifting options to choose from as a digital gift and rewards platform, including perks, experiences, and financial benefits.
3. Understand their personal and professional goals.
Motivating employees involves understanding what drives them. Ask them about what matters to them in their personal and professional lives, how motivated they are to achieve those goals, and your role in helping them achieve those goals.
Ask them to think about it for a day or two and then get back to you - this will prompt them to give more thoughtful answers that will help you better in the long run.
Irrespective of industry or business size, salespeople have to be on their feet all the time to meet their targets, bring in new clients, and help the company grow. They are an asset of the organization that needs to be nurtured and motivated all the time. Hopefully, these 48 best motivational sales quotes for the sales team will help you set a positive tone for your sales teams for the new year.
Want to know how to motivate your sales team? How to apply the right motivational strategies?All you need is Compass by Xoxoday, the ultimate Sales Gamification Software to motivate your sales team. Talk to us or Book a Demo.
At Xoxoday, we deeply understand the intrinsic and extrinsic motivation and engagement drivers of people, be it an employee, supplier, contract staff, gig or consumer. We bring simplicity and continuity to a complex, everyday problem.